Truffled Macaroni and Cheese
This recipe can be made with any good melting cheese. In the recipe the chef has opted for the mix of Cheddar and Raclette as they have a good balance of strong flavours.
- 500 grams dried macaroni
- 300 grams cheddar cheese
- 200 grams Swiss Raclette cheese
- 500 milliliters heavy whipping cream
- 7 teaspoons White Truffle Oil, divided
- 75 grams panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400° F (200° C).
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add a generous pinch of salt and add the pasta, then cook for 5 minutes, or as per the packet instructions (you want the pasta to be al dente).
- Meanwhile, grate the cheddar and the Raclette into a large mixing bowl; then pour in the cream and stir to combine well.
- When the pasta is done, scoop a little of the cooking water out of the pan (approximately 1/6 cup, or 3 tablespoons) and set to aside.
- Drain the pasta and toss it in the bowl with the cheese. Add the salted cooking water and stir vigorously until the pasta is all well coated in a melted cheese sauce.
- Add 3 to 4 teaspoons of the white truffle oil to the pasta, stir well and taste. Season with a little with salt and pepper if needed.
- Grease an ovenproof dish with a little butter, then spoon the cheese-coated pasta into the dish.
- Toss the breadcrumbs into a small bowl and drizzle with the remaining truffle oil. Toss to coat the breadcrumbs in oil, then sprinkle over the pasta.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until golden brown on top and hot in the middle.
Reference Link: Click Here
At Terosso Truffles, we have a wide selection of truffle oils for you to choose from. Whether you prefer white truffle oil or black truffle oil, we have what you’re looking for. Order your truffle oil today and we’ll have it delivered right to your door.