Truffle Basil Tomato Galette
How To Make
- Place tomatoes on a double layer of paper towels; sprinkle with salt. Cover with additional paper towels.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together pesto and mayonnaise.
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a floured sheet of parchment, roll dough into a 12-in. circle. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Spread pesto mixture over crust to within 2 in. of edge; top with 1/4 cup feta.
- Arrange tomato slices over feta; arrange cherry tomatoes on top, cut sides up. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup feta, Italian seasoning and pepper.
- Fold crust edge over filling, pleating as you go and leaving center uncovered.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and water; brush edge of crust with egg wash and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake until crust is golden brown, 35-40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before slicing. If desired, top with basil and drizzle some truffle oil before serving.
Dough for single-crust pie (9 inches)
Combine 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour, 1-1/2 tsp. sugar and 1/4 tsp. salt; cut in 6 Tbsp. cold butter and 1/3 cup shortening until crumbly. Gradually add 4-5 Tbsp. ice water, tossing with a fork until dough.